Friday, May 9, 2014

The Beginning of the End

Hey :)

First of all, my blog isn't working. I was messing around with the URL and I messed something up. I'm not sure if this post will be visible to everyone but I thought I should try because I really do love writing posts. I'll work on getting the URL to be fixed, the whole point of this blog is for others to see so they know they are not alone in scoliosis!

I'll get back to the scoliosis/doctors/health topic now.

Alright, so a few weeks ago I went in for my six-month-annual appointment. I knew there was a chance I could get my brace off and was very excited and nervous. Excited because, well, I might be rid of my plastic corset forever! But also very nervous because I don't know how well I would handle being in it for another six months.

What ended up happening was very, very good.

I do not have to wear my brace to school anymore, only when I am at my house or am sleeping. This is nice because at my house I wear sweatpants and t-shirts regardless. I don't have to worry about being fashionable when I'm at my house or sleeping.

It is a good and strange feeling going to school without my brace. I was diagnosed with my first brace the summer before middle school which begins at seventh grade. I hadn't not worn my brace to school since sixth grade which was three years ago. It is such a good feeling to be able to pick up my pencil without bending over!

In August, I am going to get my brace off completely. Needless to say, I am very excited. This has been such an emotional journey and I have learned a lot from my scoliosis. I am going to try and keep posting because I love blogging and all the friends I have made while doing it. Feel free to always leave comments and questions! I'm here to help!

Thanks for reading my post, I wish you all the best of luck with your scoliosis.

Stay Beautiful! XO

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I can't believe this! ILYSM and I hope you keep posting! Also, do you have a Tumblr that I can follow?!

    ReplyDelete