Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Scoliosis Tag

Hey!
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been so busy with high school.
I've decided to skip all of my ranting (thank goodness) and cut to the chase.
I'm going to be doing the scoliosis tag. A tag is just a series of questions you answer. I've seen a bunch of youtubers do this and thought it would be fun to try on blogging. If you decide to do it to leave a link to your blog/youtube video so I can see it. This tag is from scoliosissarahc on youtube. Her videos are just perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGB4CwwNBHQ

Let's so how this goes!

Questions :
1. When were you diagnosed?
I was diagnosed with scoliosis ever since I remember. I didn't feel like it was a big deal to have any extra doctor appointments in which I would bend over for the doctors. Scoliosis runs through my family so it wasn't surprising that I had it too. I was diagnosed with a back brace in the summer of 2011.

2. What are the degree(s) of your curve(s)?
My curves are relatively small. My upper one is low thirties or upper twenties. My lower curve is in the twenties.

3. Did/do you need a back brace?
I do need a back brace. My brace is named Pika.

4. Have/will you have surgery?
Chances are I will not have surgery.

5. Do your friends know you have it?
I have told some of my friends about it. I'm very shy about telling people about it which I advise not to do! It's better just to tell them flat out than have an awkward situation occur where your friend hugs or pokes  you and yells "What's that?!?" Even though I've told my friends I have it they usually forget and only remember when they hug me.


6. On a scale from 1-10 ; how bad is your pain? (10 being the worst)
It varies. If I have my brace off for a long time it won't be as much painful as aching. It's sort of hard to describe. My back will just ache and feel all weird and uncomfortable. That's why I try to limit my time out of it as much as I can. Other time, my brace will hurt from having it on for too long. I'd say overall my pain is about a 3.

7. What is your best fashion tip and favorite place to shop for clothes for your scoliosis (brace)?
My best fashion tip is layers. You can hide your brace with layers easily. That's why I love fall and winter it's the easiest season to layer in. My favorite shops are Plato's Closet (thanks Ann Marie!) and I've started loving Forever 21. Target is always a classic too.

8. How has scoliosis changed you?
Well, if I didn't have scoliosis I wouldn't have this blog! I love meeting new girls who also have scoliosis. It's weird, I feel like these girls are a sort of strange family of mine even though I've never met you. Also, scoliosis has changed my viewpoint of situations. Whenever I feel sad for myself for having to wear my brace I soon realize that I'm being stupid and wearing a brace isn't the worst scenario. I'm lucky to only have twenty and thirty degree curves. Plus, I guess scoliosis has made me tougher since I have "rock hard abs". #overusedscoliosisjokes

9. What is the best and worst part about having scoliosis?
There are two really goods things. Having this blog and all the new clothes I get when I get a new brace because my old clothes don't fit. The worst part is the fear. I get scared whenever I walk into my doctor's office for my next appointment. I remember the first time I had to change out for gym which was in seventh grade. I was literally shaking while walking to gym because I was so scared that someone would make fun of me for wearing a brace.

10. Who will you tag?
Everyone who reads this post *evil laugh*

Thanks for reading my post! I'll try and post every Tuesday, hmm that sounds good.
Go check out: http://backbracefashion101.blogspot.com/ She's got some great outfits posted.
I love new scoliosis blogs! Leave a comment if you have a blog or youtube account.

Ellen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment