1) Layering
Layering has also been my best friend through fall, winter, and spring. Why not summer? If you have the right things to layer with then a outfit can be light weight but still cover your brace. I find vests are very helpful and half-jackets. I don't really know what half-jackets are called but they have short sleeves and only come down to halfway down your stomach, just enough to cover the top of your brace.

These two are from the Target website. Both come up high in the back and sort of high in the armpits. The only thing you have to watch out for in vests are if they come up high enough in the arm pits to cover your brace. My brace goes pretty high so I have to wear a high tank top under whatever shirt I'm wearing sometimes to cover it.
2) Bright Colors
Bright colors or designs attract attention away from the brace. This also goes for shiny jewelry or a cool hairstyle. Bring attention away from the brace and towards your best features.
3) Dresses and Skirts
This one is a given but it's one of the easiest ways to cover your brace! You can get workable dresses and skirts anywhere! Here are some pictures:
This is from Forever 21. High low dresses are actually good with back braces because most tend to be flowly and they go high in the back. Now this is a really bad picture so I can't tell how high it goes up in the arm pits but if it doesn't go high enough pair it with a vest or half sweater! It's all coming together now....
I'm going to end the post now since I wanted to post something today but I'm getting tired. I'll be sure to keep posting this week. I'll have more time on my hands since it is summer!
Ellen :)

No comments:
Post a Comment