Hey Everyone! I've been less lazy and I've actually took some pictures of more clothes. I'm just going to skip right to the clothes and ramble at the end of my post.
Pants: Aeropostle
Black Buttoned Tank: Hand me Down
Purple Shirt: Hand me Down
Jacket: Marshalls
Necklace: From a Friend
I like to layer...a lot. I like to layer because I've gotten a lot of hand me downs and it's easy to make different outfits with the same items so I don't have to go get new clothes if I want a new outfit. I just have to layer differently. Marshalls is Amazing because their stuff is really cheap and pretty. The Aeropostle jeans are good but not for braces. I realized that after I bought it though. I don't shop at Aeropostle a lot but I had a giftcard and had 1 or 2 pairs of jeans so I needed new ones. I got those. It's just uncomfortable and doesn't stay up well even with a belt. Oh, and the jacket is really one of those sheet shirts, I just wanted it to be a jacket :)
Necklace: From my Uncle
Belt: My mom's
Jacket: Target
Dress: Marshalls
My mom actually found the dress and the jean jacket.....
Just as a heads up I have four other dresses to show. I know, I like dresses. I feel like dresses are the most comfortable thing with your brace because in a dress I'm not self conscious that my pants are falling or the way my shirt is positioned will show my brace. If I throw a jacket on a knee length dress, I'm good. And dresses are pretty <3
~
So I just decided to ramble now. I've recently looked through all the pictures on my blog and sort of saw a "style". The outfits I end up liking best are the layering ones with constrating colors or a theme. Say, pinks, corals, pearls, and golds in a outfit. Or I either like just plan dark blue jeans, a bright shirt and a soft colored jacket. With my favorite boots of course. And I love all my dresses! So simple and easy :) So what I've learned through the past 1 and 1/2 years is that a) my fashion has been very strange at moments and b) it's easiest to hide your brace and buy clothes with a style. So I would find your own style. I also like flowly shirts. So next time I'll look for those instead of something else. Just sort of random but embrace a style! Sorry for my lame puns, the embracing one is all I got and I've taken that from quite a few different blogs. Haha, more clothes now.
Jacket: Target
Dress: Macy's...I think
Necklace: Charming Charlie's
I'm wearing my purple All Star shoes with it but you can't see them. I recently moved my desk around so this is the other wall of my room!
Dress: Macy's...I think
Necklace: Charming Charlie's
I'm wearing my purple All Star shoes with it but you can't see them. I recently moved my desk around so this is the other wall of my room!
Okay, I'm going to end the clothes for now since the other picture my mom took with her camera and it will take longer to upload since I have to upload all the photos. I started searching for other people with scoliosis on instagram and youtube. Here's a list.
Instagram:
~scoliosis_fashion (one of my follower's accounts)
~scoliosis_probs
Youtube:
~scoliosissarah
That's it for now! If you want more websites just scroll through my many lengthy posts. I have lists in there. June is also national scoliosis awareness month! I'll try and post soon again.
Please follow and comment.
~Ellen :)
Oh my gosh I just have to say that I absolutely love the dress in the second photo! So cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!:)
ReplyDeleteLovely outfit! I love the second one best but they are all great!
ReplyDeleteAwww,thank you!
ReplyDelete