Hi everyone! This is my first post of the new year. Sorry for delaying it. I recently had this poll up on my blog and it's been closed for awhile but it asked what I should post. It was half and half on tips and underneath the brace so I will do a post on both.
Underneath the brace I always have at least a camisole. I usually wear the stretchy ones that have built in bras in them.
My brace has some really uncomfortable pads in it. So between the tank top and the brace or under the tank top I put some lamb's wool to soften it. It sounds REALLY weird, i know but it does help. You can get lambs wool at CVS or other places like that.
That's basically what I wear under my brace. I hope this helps!
I was going to put pictures up on this of the tank tops but some reason blogger won't let me upload pictures :/ I don't know why so I'm trying to fix it. Until I do though I can't really do posts about clothes. We'll see what happens!
I was going to put pictures up on this of the tank tops but some reason blogger won't let me upload pictures :/ I don't know why so I'm trying to fix it. Until I do though I can't really do posts about clothes. We'll see what happens!

Blessings Ellen. I found your blog while searching the internet for scoliosis apparel. I was interested to see how many sites actually addressed that problem. Thank you for your site. I think you will be a great benefit especially to those of your age. I wish they had had the braces available when I was your age. All that was available at that time was a full body cast that I would have worn for one year. I was active in school athletics, so decided not to. Then married and had children, and again decided I couldn't raise children in a body cast.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Shari England. I am 53 years old, and now suffer the effects of untreated scoliosis that has been gradually worsening over the years. It was explained to me that gravity does not effect a straight back, but weighs heavily on the curved spine, only worsening it over time. Now, at may age, my scoliosis combined with arthritis and the weakening of bones of women my age causes severe pain. I am glad you will not have to endure that.
My biggest problem however, is finding clothing to fit properly and in which I am comfortable. My left back muscle protrudes and one rib sticks out and is uneven with the other, so I never wear anything that clings. You learn in time how to dress, so this site will be of help to those who are just now looking.
Blessings to you Ellen. I pray for healing in your spine. Best wishes in all your future endeavors.