Thursday, October 27, 2011

Costumes

Since it is four days till Halloween I decided to make a post about costumes to help decide what to be.

Costume #1: Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter
Luna Lovegood is from the Harry Potter series and is a seriously fun person to be for Halloween.
First you have
  1. The Dirgible Plum earrings (they are basically radishs).
  2. The Funky Glasses otherwise known as specterspecs
  3. The butterbeer cork necklace known to keep nargles away
  4. And the long blond hair(if you go for the book Luna do long dirty-blond hair)
Here is a picture and I will explain how to make this costume.
First I will explain how to make her jewlery
For the earrings I used a website to make them http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts/jewelry/radishearrings5
For the necklace you can buy corks at Micheal's and tape them on a string.(or can drill holes in them and put them on a string)
The specterspecs(glasses) there is a great demo on this website: http://diyfashion.about.com/od/maskandmasquerade/ss/Spectrespecs.htm
For the Quibbler you can print off a cover online and put it on any magizine.
I almost forgot the WAND, for this you can use anything from chopsticks to a wooden stick.
Now for the wig you can dye your hair blonde or buy a wig at five-below.
The robes i was Herminoe one year so I just used that and you can tape a Ravenclaw symbol over the Gyfinndor one. Or you can go to a thrift shop and buy a old set of graduation robes. You can use a white blouse and navy skirt for the school outfit. You're supposed to have a sweater vest but if you don't have one it still works out fine. The tie I used one of my dad's but you can get a blue one paint it with sliver stripes.(in the pic it looks like blue and green but it is supposed to be blue and silver.) Add a pair of mary Janes and Volia! You have yourself a Luna Lovegood costume!
Oh and here is a website all about luna for quotes,actions, and character.http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Luna_Lovegood

No comments:

Post a Comment